3. As the Titanic was sinking and women and children climbed into lifeboats, the musicians from the ship's band stood and played.
6. As our teacher was speaking on the platform, two students slipped away the classroom from the back door.
1. Could you please lend me the book (which) you talked about yesterday?
2. She reminds me of her elder sister.
4. The people you talked about yesterday is here for you now.
5. This stranger reminds me of my old friend.
6. 老师在讲台上讲课的时候， 两个学生从后门溜出了教室
1. Obviously, there would be no point in investing in a computer if you had to check all its answers, but people should also rely on their own internal computers and check the machine when they have the feeling that something has gone wrong.
2. Certainly Newton considered some theoretical aspects of it in his writings, but he was reluctant to go to sea to further his work.
3. For most people the sea was remote, and with the exception of early intercontinental travelers or others who earned a living from the sea, there was little reason to ask many questions about it, let alone to ask what lay beneath the surface.
4. The first time that the question "What is at the bottom of the oceans?" had to be answered with any commercial consequence was when the laying of a telegraph cable from Europe to America was proposed.
5. At the early attempts, the cable failed and when it was taken out for repairs it was found to be covered in living growths, a fact which defied contemporary scientific opinion that there was
no life in the deeper parts of the sea.
3. 除了一些洲际旅行者和以大海为生的人，对于大多数人来说，大海是遥远的，没有什么必要提出太多问题，更别说思 考大海海底的东西了。
1. The members were quick to come to his rescue.
2. This would ruin the spacesuit.
3. It consists of plastic food displayed in a wooden box.
4. Scientists are wondering why.
5. During the process, they noticed that several of the trees had died.
6. This film/movie is worth seeing.
7. He goes to work by bus every day,
8. I’ve been playing basketball all the morning.
9. The plane is about to take off.
10. It’s much hotter today than yesterday.
1. Safety experts say the problem is neither money not technology, but the indifference of a country that just will not take fires seriously enough. 安全专家说，问题既不是钱，也不是技术。而是全国的漠不关心：不
2. There are as many different library services as there are types of people who use them.
3. April Fool’s Day thus developed into an international fun feat, so to speak, with different nationalities specializing in their own brand of humor at expense of their friends and families.
4. This study of language, in turn, casts a new light upon the claim of the anthropologists that all cultures are to be viewed independently, and without ideas of rank or hierarchy.
5. If one considers the enormous variety of courses offered, it is not hard to see how difficult it is to select the course most suited to his interests
6. In simple terms, this means that the soil has been nourished by unused vegetable matter, which provides it with essential vitamins and minerals. 用易懂的话说，就是没有被使用过的植物滋养了土壤，给土壤提供了
7. But never forget that such operations are painful experiences, however good the results. And at what point should you cease to treat the old body?
8. Ther are many ways in which man shapes his leisure, that is, the time when he is not working or sleeping.
9. If you can, keep your child’s allowance in line with that of his friends. A child whose purchasing power falls away below his peers can feel left out.
10. Lastly, some calculators can print out the calculations, so that you can
check the calculations as they are being done, and also have a permanent record of them.